The Safety Patrol is a select group of Fifth Graders who are committed to helping provide a safe school environment for all students at Seminole Springs Elementary. A Safety Patrol member should be responsible, respectful, cooperative, and helpful. They should always model SSES expectations.
Members of the Safety Patrol must remain in good academic standing in all subject areas and model good behavioral choices. Discipline referrals will result in dismissal from safety patrol.
- Assisting students as they exit or enter cars during arrival and departure time
- Helping students get to class or designated areas without running
- Assisting/working cooperatively with adults in assigned areas (Kindergarten classrooms, cafeteria, breezeway, car rider, and bus)
Duties begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and end at 8:25 a.m. 2:55 and end at 3:20 daily.
- You must wear your safety patrol belt on duty
- Leave your backpack in the designated area
- Be on time
- Be sure all belts are stored properly at the end of duty
- No belts are to be worn to PE or Recess
- Please DO NOT switch assignments without permission and ALWAYS stay at your assigned post
To be selected as a Safety Patrol:
- Recommendation from your teacher
- Good academic standing in all subjects
- Good behavior
- One-page written essay on why safety is important in school and why you would make a good safety patrol
- Parent signed permission form
Your Safety Patrol Advisors are Coach Stewart and Coach Bolte